Monday, June 6, 2011

The Week End

My week end will be complete very shortly. One aspect of my shift that I really look forward to are my three days off. It always happens every other week end and feels like a mini holiday. My first day off I spend sleeping. It's not by choice, I just seem to drift into unconsciousness rather easily. My sleep patterns have always been a little confused. The vampire in me just keeps refusing to allow me to be a day walker. My first awake day off we had a BBQ with my new family members. No pictures were taken. I keep forgetting that there is now a camera at my disposal.
The kids had a great time. I think there were six of them when I counted properly. They seemed to have multiplied after they emerged from the pool. They are going to have great memories. My favourite memories are about my sister and I playing with our cousins and all the weird little games that we made up about monsters and high espionage. There were lots of serious discussions about what we would become when we were older. I hope these children have memories like that. So far they it appears this will happen.
The next day we completed a few errands. The boy required sandals. He wore them straight out of the store. We were very lucky to get these sandals in our little town. The shop owner is retiring and her stock is decreases daily. These were the last ones in the boy's size. They have a little room for his growth spurt that I suspect will happen shortly. We also visited the pet shop, animalerie. They had kittens. Very small, very cute kittens. It was very hard to resist. I am proud to note, I did resist and Tom, Rebel and Napoleon do not have any additional brothers or sisters. I almost caved and bought a fish tank though. I really did love the ones I had in another lifetime. What stopped me was Napoleon's constant struggle to go swimming. I do not ever want to relive that indoor wading pool experience again thank you. An option I was thinking about though, is if the aquarium was fully enclosed in some beautiful cabinets. That may be an idea to run by a certain someone....It could sit in the corner, be fully encased in some wooden structure of some sort. I'm not up on my various wood options. All I know is M. is allergic to maple. There will be no maple.
Now for pictures.
Yesterday we went on a walk around town and came across a very cool nature trail.

I snapped a pic of the sign because it would have some details on the trail, like length and when it came into existence, the best time to explore to see all the flowers in bloom....or so I thought...

No such luck. I have no idea how long that trail is or even the length of time it took walk. I haven't worn a watch in quite a few years now. I just know that I was very hungry after.
There was a little bit of wildlife,


Placards placed throughout the trail to explaining the foliage,

My only complaint is that the placard did not explain the best time to view these plants or when they came into bloom. Everything was very green along our walk, which is was still picturesque, but I would love to see these flowers add a bit of colour to the scene.

There are also just some really great shots in our collection of photos:



Some sort of bug or plant threw up on our tour guide's toe. I thought that was worth a picture!


I know this is already quite a lengthy of post, so I will just share my pictures of my new home:



I think I have covered everything for now. I'm going to watch my new favourite show, In Plain Site, and then unpack a box. See you later. :)

No comments: