Saturday, October 2, 2021

Happy October!

We are still enduring the pandemic. To be honest, I hadn't really thought it would last this long. To be fair, our lifestyle has not changed very much. We have never really enjoyed dinning out. While we love watching films, it just seems more enjoyable at home without all the distractions of fellow movie goers. Work has also kept us rather occupied. I have been working more hours but, the change to an evening shift from a night shift has been so rewarding. I have actually been sleeping. Soundly. At night! What a wonderful experience! I have not had a solid sleep in a succession of nights for 10 years. I had no idea how much I was missing, healthwise, mentally and physically. It's like I have finally emerged from this overwhelming funk. The dogs and I have been walking a lot more. It is at night, after my shift. It is more satisfying for all of us. Very rarily do we encounter other humans. We have come across a variety of wildlife. I have been struggling to explain to the girls, we do not need to befriend every being we see like the skunks and foxes. I really do not need that sort of adventure! With a more restful existence, I've been able to draw and paint more! I missed this! I have been playing more with pastels, charcoals and pencil.
I have also kept up with my knitting.
As the clock strikes midnight, we find ourselves a bit sleepy.
Time to retire. I hope you are all looking after yourselves. Talk again soon!

No comments: