Friday, July 23, 2021

Thinking an Awful Lot

I recently celebrated my 43rd birthday. That is what started all of the thinking and reminiscing. At this age, my father was diagnosed with Cancer. He died six months later. I have no fear of mortality. I try to do what is right and most of the time, I succeed. When my father was thus age, the world was quite different. Our telephones had cords. Cable was a huge deal. Divorce was an isolating way of life. A woman's worth was whether she could work and be a housewife, quietly. Feminism was really starting to become noticed. I think of all these things and reflect on my life. I'm overall, happy. I have been divorced. I'm nit able to have children. I can pursue whatever career I wish. I have met a lot of people that have made a great impact on my life. I have the relative freedom to do whatever I wish. I believe if my father was still on thus Earth, he would be proud of who I am becoming. I have gone back to school tomearn my BBA. I am doing well in my courses. I struggle but, I am learning all the time. I am so grateful.

No comments: