Saturday, February 20, 2021

Random Thoughts

Well here we are, near the end of February. There just seems to be so much going on. Then you start to take stock and realize, no. Not really. Maybe we are all just becoming hyper aware of our surroundings. How can we not? We must continue to be vigilent, careful, and sympathetic. Not everyone is managing very well. Some struggle and it manifests as anger or it can be seen as depression, or maybe even hyperness. For me, my world has pretty well remained as it was before, just perhaps more cleaning. I was never really one to go out and socialize. I have always enjoyed my own company. Although I must admit, it is easier to be social distancing with my fuzzy children. They are never far from me. I'm lucky and garteful. The first face I see is always Jackie with her bright eyes and impatience for me to get my butt in gear.
She loves watching the live action nature channel outside the patio doors. We get quite the assortment of feathered friends.
I too, enjoy this nature channel! Sometimes it feels like there is just not enough minutes in the day. There is so much I want to do. At times, I feel guilty for not actually getting to all the items listed in my head. I have to be careful not to let those thoughts overwhelm me and remind myself it is perfectly okay if I don't do all the things, every single day. The goal is to try and enjoy whatever I manage to do. This past month I was a le to spend quite a few hours in my little studio. I found good motivation to entice me to go in there was to keep quite a few plants. They need water. So, I start by getting my watering container ready to give them a little drink. Next thing I know, I'm in there enjoying my art.
There might be a few feet of snow and -20 degrees outside but, inside my little studio is a very comfortable environment in which my plants thrive. As I said, I'm never really alone.
These two are always close by to supervise. So, I blast my tunes and get lost in my process.
These are a few of my works in progress:
This is just the ink sketch. At some point, I will add a bit of colour.
I'm really pleased with how this oil painting is coming along. I wasn't sure at first. I'm glad I listened to that little voice and agreed to just keep going. See what happens. It's a bit late here. I feel sleepy. Instead of going down the internet rabbit hole, I'm going to call it a night and say, see you later. I hope you are all well. Talk soon.

No comments: