Thursday, October 30, 2014

Time For Pumpkins and Seafood!

We had a busy night and it is still not over. Hubs and the Little Man are in the garage putting the finishing touches on a costume for tomorrow.
After someone arrived home from school, we went right to work to create our pumpkin masterpieces!

We had some supervision for the process.


May we present our Minecraft and Demon pumpkins!


For supper tonight we had seafood pasta.
Have I ever mentioned how I do this? I can't remember.
Things we need:
Stick of butter
2 or 3 garlic bulbs
pinch of pepper
package of frozen seafood medley (mine of choice usually includes: shrimp, scallops, octopus, calamari, cuttlefish and sometimes crab meat)
pasta of choice
spring peas
mushrooms
cup and a half of grated Parmesan cheese
heavy cream (35% cooking cream)
dry white wine to cut through all the heavy ingredients

Start the water boiling for the pasta
melt a tbs of butter in a fry pan
sautee the chopped garlic in that pan
turn up the heat a bit
add your seafood

Quite the mix eh?

At this point, I take the rest of the stick of butter and start melting it in a sauce pan
When my seafood is no longer frozen together, I start cooking the pasta and pour the cream into the saucepan with the melted butter
I also toss in my peas and sliced mushrooms

This is the healthy portion of the meal. ;)

Toss a bit of pepper on top of the veggies and seafood and remember to keep it all moving or it gets this weird grey colouring.

When the pasta is a few minutes away from being cooked, I gradually start to add the cheese to the butter and turn up the heat on the saucepan. By this time, I will turn the heat down to low on the seafood and veggies.
The sauce will look like this:

Almost looks like I'm conjuring a demon.

When everything is cooked and melted and drained, I toss it all into a pot and serve.


Stay safe everyone!
Cheers. :D

No comments: