Monday, May 6, 2013

Beautiful Day

We had a gorgeous day yesterday.
I'm not sure of the exact temperature. I do know that I did not need a coat nor a long sleeve shirt.
To celebrate our move to come out of winter hibernation, we decided to run a few errands.
My main goal was just to pick up a few groceries and just enjoy driving with the windows rolled down.
As a surprise, I actually purchased a few plants for the backyard.
Right now, there is just too much greenery for my liking.
The bushes, the Hostas, Wow, the amount of Hostas. It is just way too overwhelming.
I wanted to add colour back there last spring, but we just did not have any idea what was growing back there.
Now we have a better understanding.
First, I found a neat looking Lavender plant/tree. I made one lady at Walmart really uncomfortable as I was scoping out her buggy.
I had never seen this type of flower before and I just thought it would look really cool in our garden.

I need to hang on to the tags or I will never remember what is what.

At this point hubs got into the spirit of the day and found this cool plant,


We even found a place for the rock I brought home from Gaspé!

It is in the background, by the fence, behind the new Lavender tree.
I think we are off to a good start. The plan is just to start over. If we see some sort of plant that catches our eye, we will add it to our little garden family. This plan may take a while, but if it is anything like the progress we made yesterday, it will be worth it.
I hope all is well with you. Enjoy the start to your week.

No comments: