Saturday, October 16, 2010

Time For New Adventures

I feel like I took a big adult step today. Granted, I have been an adult for quite some time, but some days it felt like I was just playing at being a grown up.
My old Dodge has now been retired. I thought I'd be a little more emotional. Not over the actual retiring of the truck, but what the truck represented. It was my first vehicle that I purchased with my ex-husband. It did have a lot of memories with all the little adventures we experienced. Now I'm more relieved than anything for a few reasons. The first is I do not have to worry about being stranded on the side of the road. The second is that I'm happy I can start a whole new bunch of memories and adventures. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. It was the last major tie to a part of my past.

I made a few attempts to take pictures to share with you all, but apparently my camera has retreated into vampire mode. I'm trying to fix that.

The camera does not like daylight.


It does look pretty bad ass eh?

The first vehicle that I have acquired on my own. I am thrilled!! I did have a very awesome friend negotiate the deal for me. I'm the first to admit my negotiation tactics are very poor. I'm happy with the outcome. I haven't stopped grinning since I had the keys placed in my hand.

Just thought I'd share that with you all. I'm off to watch the hockey game. Have a great week end.

No comments: