Saturday, February 23, 2019

Oooh! It's Getting Warmer! Nevermind :(

February has been a real mish-mash of weather and emotions.
We experienced temperatures at -20 C and +10, all in the same week!
The sidewalks were not at all walkable for Jackie and I so, we did a few truck outings and stayed close to our backyard.
That in itself is quite the adventure.
We have a huge pile of snow on our front lawn that is taller than I am. For reference, I am 5'6 and 3/4 of an inch!
When you live with people that over six feet, that 3/4's of an inch is quite important!

I have been trying to draw and paint.
A few of my projects are complete. A few are still in the progress stage. At least they are progressing!

One of the prompts for Doodlewash's February challenge was Palm Tree:


This is a work still sitting on my desk,

I like the direction it is heading. I will probably do a bit more on this later in the week.

I have also found my pencils again and started to sketch Jackie! I cannot believe it took me this long to attempt a portrait of her.


When I draw animals and birds, I always work off a photograph. I do not sketch quickly enough to work on life action models. I am too obsessive about details to let go in order to work quickly. I might work on this, but not likely.

I have also dusted off my cross-stitch!
It is really starting to take shape.

I love how this looks!

It is currently -9. I might actually make it outside today!
I hope you are all doing well! Until next time.


No comments: