Friday, December 28, 2018

Thank You 2018

I just glanced at my calendar at work and realized we are almost through the year!
As I am sure with you, there were lots of ups and downs.
I am content with my learning process of watercolour painting.
When I had first started ages ago, I would have never thought I would pick up those paints again.
It just did not go well.
After the long break, I thought, why not?
I am glad I did!
Here is another I have just completed titled, Lighthouse.

It is based on a photo I found on Unsplash.

Of course I have been knitting up a storm.
I completed a pair of socks from Knit Picks' Artful Arches

The pattern is, Westney Socks, by Dana Gervais. Yarn is Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering Multi Rose City. They took me a bit of time as I had to fiddle with a way that allowed me to wrap multiple stitches as cleanly as possible. I'm sure there are more effective, easier ways than I engineered but, I managed and I am happy with the result.

I am steadily progressing on my Ten Stitch Blanket.

I just randomly pull out a scrap ball and tie it into my blanket. There is really no rhyme or reason. I have a feeling it will be quite the kaleidoscope of colour.

Also, I made this wonderful mittens for a friend!
How Cold is It?


If you are a bit sensitive to cursing, you might want to scroll quickly down past the next photograph.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The recipient was pleased with her new mitts.

For the most part, Jackie and I have just been enjoying the rapidly changing weather.
One day there is two feet of the snow on the ground. The next it is +10. Today it is currently +2 and sleet.


Someone also turned 16! Where on Earth did those last few years even go?
The boy is now way taller than I am. I never really thought I was short until I was struggling to reach something on the top shelf.
He strolls over and plucks it down like no one's business.

I am super happy with how this cake turned out!

We have had some interesting times this boy and I.
We have disagreements.
I nag him.
He calls me mom.
I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Speaking of family,
Nice segue eh?
We put up our Christmas tree.

Shortly after, all my Christmas decorations began migrating to the top of the tree because of this little guy!

Rorschach was on hand to remind us he is the gift.
It was many days of me playing hide and seek with my ornaments.
This particular one,
I have had since I was quite little. My mom gifted it to me last year.
Poor Mr. Snowman was swimming in someone's water dish.
I dried him off and re-located him into the ornament protection plan.

Lastly, I want to show you my Christmas Cactus!!
I never thought it would ever bloom!
It was so sad looking for most of the year,
Then,
BAM!

I am so proud of this little guy.
He is hiding in the bathroom to avoid the mayhem that comes from my gardening cats.

I think that sums it up.
I hope you are all well and enjoyed a lovely holiday so far.
I wish you all the best for 2019!
(it feels really weird to write that)

No comments: