Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Really Quiet...

The first day of school was yesterday. It is now eerily quiet after all the activity of the summer. For the first twenty minutes of my day this morning, I was a little lost. Then I decided I might as well enjoy myself. I have a load of laundry in the wash, my coffee is perking and just hearing the bell now so it must be ready. Even the cats are all asleep on the couch. I have a list of shows on a post it on my screen for me to watch and a sock very close by to work on in a few minutes. This has the start of a wonderful day! A little while ago the postal service actually delivered a parcel to my door. Under normal circumstances, I need to travel to the post office, look in the post box, find the card that says I have a parcel waiting until such and such a day, then collect my parcel when the office is finally open. You can imagine my surprise when it was delivered right to my front door. This is what that lovely box contained:
I ordered these lovely skeins from Paloma Textiles. This outfit promotes free trade and Earth friendly products. I'm sure there are other companies that have the same mode of operation but I have not seen all that many. I am absolutely thrilled with my purchases. The colours are so vibrant and the way the the bluish/indigo skein is made from recycled sari just blew my mind. The gold coloured one is hand spun camel yarn. How cool is that eh? The cats also had a bit of adventure a few days ago. I can't recall if I told you about the flea incident? Sometimes pictures explain things so much better.... Before and after shots: Tom Wait a minute..I remember this place from the last time....
Rebel:
I have had enough now..
I get out nao!!!
Napoleon: I am not your good little kitty anymore..
We bathed all three cats and survived. Unfortunately, we may have to undergo this episode one more time....please don't tell the fuzzies.

No comments: