Friday, March 27, 2009

I Am.......

I am Canadian. I love it. I love my country. I love my freedoms. I can do whatever I please (within reason of course), speak to whomever I choose. It is a great feeling of power to live in this country. This sentiment I learned from father. He was a pretty cool guy. I idolized him. This is one of the few things that I have left of his belongings.

It was actually the only thing I really wanted. It is something that I have with me all the time. I love what it symbolizes. We refer to it often as the "church key". It serves it's purpose well.

Over the past week, we ran a few errands and came across these gems.


I have yet to try them out. I'm hoping to have time this week end. It will also be a very domestic week end. I need to start a search and rescue for vacuum. I have been neglecting it lately. I blame the weather. It draws me away from my domestic duties. I have even been hearing birds this week. I had no idea how much I missed that sound until this week. It was a long winter and I hope actual spring weather is getting closer.

I have been knitting feverishly. I have a quite a few scarves on the sticks.

I like these projects as something a bit mindless when I just can't seem to focus on anything properly. I am not in any hurry to have them completed, making them the perfect "go to" project when I want to knit and just not sure what to start. I'm not even sure how long they will be. I guess I will know when I get to that point.

Salida is also coming along very well.

All those times I ripped it back to the cuff on the first sock has paid off. I am now very familiar with this pattern and can easily watch Dollhouse or Big Bang Theory while I plug away at them.

I had a nice conversation with my parents the other day. They are keeping very busy. Apparently, they have adopted a family of raccoons. Not only is Mom waking at "2 am in the morning" to provide them with a healthy serving of bread and margarine with the crusts cut off, but she is also preparing ham for the family. I wonder how her neighbours are coping? Never a dull moment over there.

Friday has officially arrived. I hope you all have a great week end. :) Here is a little tune I have in my head now for the better part of the week. Not the prettiest boys out there, but fun nonetheless. Enjoy:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

I really like your writing style...and enjoy reading your blog....even though I don't comment often.

Are those video games???

Anne

Jocelynn said...

Thank you so much :D
Yes, those are video games for the PS3. Terribly addictive. lol