Monday, January 26, 2009

Another Tube

We went to the clinic for another iv treatment. It was another nurse that attended to husband. She did not like the progress of the infection. I can't say I blame her. I haven't much cared for it either. The tension sock helped a bit, but not nearly enough. After the treatment, we went to the family doctor. Finally!!!! some results. I didn't go in with Husband. I decided to stay in the waiting room and work my mitten. I do not have pictures to show because I have this horrible tangle and I'm ashamed :(.
The doctor drew out the poison that was causing the infection and now there is another tube there to allow for run off. I don't have pictures of that. I just changed the dressing and cleaned it up a little so it would be more comfortable.



As you can see, the swelling has gone down immensely. Thank goodness. I was getting very worried.


They also prescribed some more antibiotics. These ones are taken orally. They should speed up recovery. He is also under strict orders not to stand, walk or basically move. He is not liking these orders, but the alternative is not an option.

We have caught up on all sorts of shows. We started watched the United States of Tara. I'm not going to spoil it. It is a show you have to see for yourself. Toni Collette is the star of the show. She is amazing in this role.
Anyways, I just thought I would share the results with you all. I'm off in search of some rye. I hope you all have a good night.

No comments: