Sunday, May 4, 2008

Still Kinda Red

It was a busy day for me today. I tried to lighten my hair colour again. I want it to be blonde by the end of May. All of my spring/summer wardrobe is based on me having blonde hair.
It was darker than this:

I am pleased with the result so far. I think a few more shades down and I will be at my target blondness.
It is really difficult to photograph yourself. This was the only pic I managed to take where I do not resemble a serial killer.


I also dressed and went outside for a short time. The mall always pulls me out of my funk. My title among our friends is The Aging Mallrat. I love The Mall. It is a city within a city. You can find everything you ever need or desire all under one roof. How awesome is that?

I completed my Cedar Dancing Socks:


I want a fresh slate for when I return to the sock club this Thursday. I am very glad I am on the mend for this event. I would hate to be hacking and sniffling in the corner trying my best to look healthy. No one likes a diseased person in their midst.

I had to put away those tricky lace socks from the Pentathlon Sock group on Ravelry. The way I see it: If I complete these socks before time up in two months, I will be one happy little camper.

Tomorrow I will going to work. I don't quite feel strong nor my quirky self as of yet. I am sure by mid week, I will be more myself.

I think I will surprise Mom this Sunday. It is afterall, Mother's Day. I'm in search of a climbing rose bush for her to add to her garden. She has yet to include one of those. She was not able to have any roses in her yard on Prince Edward Island. The climate was not suitable for them. Too cold I believe. She is making up for that lack in full swing now. I'm glad. It means she is finally getting used to her home and starting to add her own touches to the place.
That's about all I have to say or share for now. I hope you all have a great start to the week tomorrow. I hope the same for me too. Take care all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I love those socks! Whadya buy yesterday?

Jocelynn said...

I was very responsible. I just bought groceries and rye ;)