Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Monday?

Hmmm. It would appear that the week end has decided to abandon me. It was a very long day. Normally, I can stay pretty positive. Today was a challenge for that frame of mind. It was just so overwhelming. All these book offs at work, co-workers getting all spazzy, the weather. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
When I finally arrived at my lair, I settled down with my tea (non-alcoholic if you believe that), and some knitting. I am hoping that sometime in the very near future, I can meet up with a friend who I haven't seen since university. We re-united on facebook. That is one crazy place. All sorts of memories and past friends come out of the woodwork. It's pretty cool actually.
Anyway, she emailed and said she would be in the province in the next week or so. I am totally psyched. I am working on a toque to help say hi. When I meet someone who I have not seen since Jesus was a cowboy, I find that a little something helps breaks the ice.

This is what I am working on for her:


It's being created with Rowan twisted ribbon yarn. That is some very cool stuff. It knits up well on my number 6 circulars.


Rebel has been most inspirational:


This was going to be for a scarf of some sort. I can see its potential for a pillow. Besides, you've seen the size of him. I will not be arguing.
Hope all is well you fine folks and your Monday was not as stressful as mine. Take care everyone.

No comments: