Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just a Thank You Please

It must be really difficult for people to say thank you, job well done. Work has not been a lot of fun as of late. I am doing my work, plus someone else's workload because she is not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. Most days I'm not getting home until almost 2200. It blows. I have a schedule for my sleep time. I need only four hours, but they have to be in the right section of the day or I am not rested. I don't mind the work. Actually, I quite enjoy it if truth be told. All I would really ask for is a simple Thank You.
At the moment, I'm getting a:
Why isn't this done yet?
Are you sure that will be ready?
Do you think we should call so and so to do this?
Can you do this as well that please?
My response today was unfortunately, not a nice one. It went something like:
It is not completed yet because 2nd in command has demanded this; So and so has demanded this; and you have asked for that. I can finish all these tasks, however not in an instant. So....Please, I ask you, back the fuck up.
Yep. I dropped the F bomb. Not my proudest moment. I am still ashamed by its use. It was however, effective. I was left alone for an hour to complete all the above tasks.
Now that wasn't so hard was it?

On the lighter side, I did find this time waster a few minutes ago:
Who's Alive and Who's Dead?
I know I am not the only morbid one out there. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I have tonight.
Have a great night everyone. The week-end is only hours away.

No comments: